Hi there!!

Welcome to my Blog, nothing fancy just plain and simple but hopefully for the few seconds/minutes you have reading my page, it will give you an "oh yeah!" or "hehe" or maybe an "a-ha" moment. If not, I apologize. If so, you're welcome and I hope to see you again. Enjoy...

Wednesday 23 February 2011

So why call my blog "Mum is not here"??

After deciding on the title of my blog, I realised that it was ambiguous, possibly misleading readers to think it was about the passing of my dear Mother and how she's not here (on earth) with us anymore.  Well, apologies to the misled.  This is however, a blog about ME not being here (on earth) mentally.  It's become a common phrase that I use with my children when I no longer want to listen to their every whinge, comment, question, cry, scream, nag, demand, argument....  Get the picture now?  "Mum is not here!!!"  I tune out, I press my inner pause button and go to another place, a happy place.  A place where my real name is being used and not "Mum".  A place where little people aren't talking/whinging to me all at the same time.  It usually doesn't last very long, but for the few seconds that it does, it gives me the boost I need to keep going when I press resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment